I began using Clover in Windows XP this past weekend and had no problems with it, but when I tried it in Windows 7, I experienced the hotkey problems you mentioned.
The problems I had were because I had extracted it from the installer and was running just the program. This was fine in Windows XP, but in Windows 7 with its different architecture and increased security and access restrictions, some of the hotkeys didn’t work correctly. I fixed it by registering Clover’s
.dll and now all the hotkeys work as expected. Yay!
You can fix that by re-installing, making sure to run the installer as admin. Alternately, you can register just the extension:
- Open the Start menu
- Press Ctrl+⇧Shift+Enter↵
- Use the
cd command to navigate to the clover folder (defaults to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Clover)
- Register it with the following command:
regsvr32 TabHelper64.dll (on a 32-bit system, use