I'm running Gparted live CD v0.15.0-1 on a production file server (after having tested successfully on a similarly-partitioned test server).
The actions I wanted to do are:
- delete /dev/sda5 (0.99GB)
- delete /dev/sda6 (9.99GB)
- Shrink /dev/sda7 by 14GB from 1600GB to 1586GB (about 50% used)
- Move all logical partitions (sda3 till sda7) to the back of the extended partition (sda2)
- Shrink the extended partition (sda2) in the beginning
- Expand sda1 to 50GB
The partitions are all NTFS formatted (it's a Win2K8R2 server).
I started this operation last Friday, and by the speed it was progressing estimated it would take about a week. Now, some days ago, the UI of Gparted seems to have crashed, I only have grey window without any progress indicators.
When I run 'top' however, I can see the 'grpartedbin' process using 100% CPU, HDD leds are still very busy. So I'm quite confident that Gparted is still working on the scheduled actions, however I can't monitor the progress. Any ideas what I could try? Is there any way to restart the UI? Or perhaps I log file I could monitor for any progress?