After uninstalling and reinstalling a (buggy) software I'm working on, the following has happened:
- When I rebooted and logged in the first time, the whole of my Users folder was wiped out: preferences, documents, etc. I have lost about 100go of data :(
- I have logged out, logged in as another admin user, deleted my profile in \Users, deleted my profile in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList (as suggested here)
- Now whenever I login, my user profile is wiped out and recreated. Any modification I make to my profile (desktop shortcuts, wallpaper...) is removed when I logout/login.
- I have tried to login on another computer, and the same thing happens.
- The AD admins have created another profile for me to logon with, and I don't seem to have this kind of problem with it.
With the two last points, I guess that my computer is not bugged, but it's my Active Directory profile that's problematic.
What can I do to cleanup my profile so it stops doing that ?