Some data points
- By moving randomly, I mean the mouse cursor will occasionally move without user interaction. It looks more like a random jump.
- It does not randomly click (luckily...).
- I haven't been able to pin down the specifics of exactly on when it happens, but it appears to be when I leave the computer on for over a long period. The first time it was noticeable and annoying, the computer had been kept on for at least a week or so. Most recently, it started happening after the computer was left on for about 24 hours.
- When it has happened in the past, I tend to just be browsing webpages or in iTerm2.
- I'm using OSX 10.6.8.
- At first, I thought it was a dirty mouse or my wireless mouse, but after disconnecting it, I still have the issue. With all peripherals disconnected and without touching my computer, I can watch my mouse jump around.
- Both the trackpad and an external mouse will continue to work, but it doesn't seem to affect the random jumps. In other words, I can move my mouse but if it decides to move, it will.
I haven't been able to find any solutions here or elsewhere. Any tips on getting more information about this would be helpful. It tends to be particularly hard to reproduce this issue.