I've just moved house and had ADSL broadband installed 3 days ago. The router is a new Netgear DGN1000SP from Virgin Media. It works fine on my android phone, work mac laptop and an old win7 vaio.
My new Vaio, which I need most, isn't working. It sometimes works for a couple of requests, but then hangs and from then on all internet connections time out. I have updated the Network adapters drivers. The connection is perfect when wired into the router so it is definitely a wifi issue.
Below is a screengrab of two pings that I ran simultaneously, one from the router and one from the laptop - the router is successful but the laptop is timing out. Strangely, the Intel PROSet wireless diagnostic is showing all green, I ran it immediately after the pings.
Wifi: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235
Laptop: Vaio S series, Win7 64 bit, CPU i5-3210M 2x2.50GHz, 6.00 GB RAM