I'm working on a mobile phone application which has to send a TCP command to from external network (like a coffee shop or it's connecting to 3G) to a specific device in home network. Let's say
- A router has real IP address of 188.8.131.52 and private IP address of 192.168.0.1
- A device has private IP address of 192.168.0.101
- A device is listening to incoming TCP command on port 1000 and 2000
My questions are:
- In my mobile application, I need to send command to 184.108.40.206 right? If that's so, on which port?
- What configuration do I have to do on the router so that it pass this command to the desire device.
I've no idea how to do this since I've never been working with network stuff since I graduated years ago.