I'm looking for an IRC client that would let me set different encoding per-channel, not just per-network. It should be scriptable.
Currently I see those options
- ChatZilla. Has the per-channel options. Scriptable in JS. :)
- Quassel. Encoding setting only per network. Not scriptable.
- XChat. Encoding setting only per network. Scriptable in Perl, Python, maybe others.
- Smuxi. Encoding setting only per network. Not scriptable.
- IRSSI. Encoding per-network at best. Scriptable in Perl.
- KVIrc. Encoding per-channel. Scriptable in Perl and KVIrc language.
The client can be GUI or CLI. I would appreciate if you would additional options to the first & last items in the list that seems working for what I asked (the first one is an in-browser client and eats RAM after a short uptime as the channel messages are an HTML table: adding 500 lines to a table and removing 500 lines has a remarkable memory footprint).