I have an Excel 2010 spreadsheet. Right now, the entire background is at 40% gray, and need to be white/transparent.
- There's no conditional formatting set.
- The worksheet is not locked.
- The individual cells are not locked.
- I am able to click Fill Color
- Paint Bucket > No Fill on the Home Ribbon, but the background remains gray
- I can highlight (individual cells/ranges, whiole columns, whole
rows, entire sheet) > right click > Fill Color (or Format Cells...)
and change the cell color, but it remains gray
- Cell style is set to "normal"
- I can copy a properly formatted cell from another sheet using format painter, but the formatting doesn't take.
- I've closed and restarted Excel multiple times, same results.
- I've opened the file on multiple PCs; same results.
- No themes are enabled.
I'm sure there's some checkbox buried in a tab that would only make sense to a Microsoft engineer...anyone familiar with and/or know how to fix this?
Apart from that, all formulae work fine and all data is correct. No other worksheet functionality appears to be affected.