I've got a laptop Asus X71SL and it won't boot.
When I hit the power button, the screen stays black and the fan does not spin. The first time I boot it, the HDD led is always on (it does not flash). The next times, the num lock, caps lock and HDD leds are always on. If I unplug and plug the power cord and then start the laptop, only the HDD led will be on. And if I start it again, the the leds will be on. Etc.
- I am unable to go in the BIOS, unable to go in GNU/Linux, unable to boot on a live-CD.
- I tried to boot without hard drive, without RAM and without DVD drive, wihout success.
- I tried to use only one of the RAM sticks and then the other. I tried that on both RAM slots.
- I tried with and without battery, without success.
- I plugged another screen and no signal goes to it.
- I tried to reflow the graphics card.
The only hint I have is that the fan spins when I remove the graphics card (it does not spin when the graphics card is plugged to the motherboard). Does it mean the graphics card is faulty?
What can I do to boot the computer?
I've just tested the RAM and the CPU in another laptop and they work. The only things that may me broken is the motherboard and the graphics card.