Using NSLOOKUP on Windows 7 I change the server to an external (yes I checked it is working) DNS server, the server returns two addresses, the first listed is IPv6 and the second IPv4
I then try to lookup a domain and I get : No response from server
I have tried this from a Windows Xp client, when I change to the same server in nslookup it only returns the IPv4 address as expected and lookups work perfectly everytime.
I have tried unticking IPv6 in my W7 network connection properties, still errors with No response from server
I can only think that the IPv6 element of this is the problem but cant find out why this is happening or even know where to start looking.