I recently installed Arch Linux, and with that GNOME 3.8.2 + GDM 188.8.131.52.
I have this on a Notebook with an Intel graphics card with the notebook LCD and an external monitor attached via VGA port. I'm using intel driver module i915.
This is the problem I'm having:
- I lock the screen, whether through the lock button in the user menu or by pressing ctl+alt+l, the screen blanks and both monitors suspends (like suspending power).
- When I try to resume working, moving the mouse or pressing a key, both screens resume power but the login screen is frozen.
- When frozen, I can switch to another TTY just fine.
- This only happens when I'm using the dual screen setup, if I only use one screen (doesn't matter if I use the onboard notebook LCD or the attached VGA) everything works fine.
- By "the login screen is frozen" I mean that the screen shows an incomplete screen (like it crashed before it was able to complete rendering) with a grey area in the bottom of the screen. Also the Mouse will not work. Also note that the screen will go powersaving correctly after 20 secs, and if I move the Mouse or press a key, the screen will wake up but in the same condition.
Here is a screenshot of the screen when in the described state: http://i.stack.imgur.com/fIwLu.jpg
Any ideas? Thanks!