I'm new to linux, and am taking a course that requires me to do the following:
- Creating a login name
- Establishing appropriate group(s)
- Creating the home directory
- Creating the login shell
- Establishing a pass word for the user
- Setting an appropriate PATH
- Placing appropriate files in the home directory
This is what I have done so far, but I'm not sure about my home directory and PATH...
[root@Server ~]# useradd -gusers -s/bin/shell -p1234 -d/home/group -m userid [root@CentosStudentSvr ~]# usermod -m -d/homedir/ userid
What I should I do for my PATH?