I can't seem to finish downloading any .exe files. When the download starts, it will proceed as per normal except that it will be stuck once it hits 99%. I had noticed this problem since a looong time ago and it still persists today despite this post being already past 16 months old.
I've tried using Chrome, Safari, Opera, and Internet Explorer but they all have this behavior; Chrome screenshot:
and IE screenshot:
etc, etc. I've probably read all the threads on Google but none of the solution works.
What may be causing the problem?
I don't have Firewall or anti-virus installed.
I'm using an administrator account.
I'm on Windows XP SP3.
There is sufficient disk space for the downloads.
I can download movies using .torrent files as per usual.
I've tried downloading random stuff like:
, etc but they all have this behavior.
From my tests, it seems to be only a problem with .exe files, although for some reason I can still download certain .exe files, for example:
Now, it's totally weird because if I download the PhpStorm exe file using another computer and upload it directly to Google Docs, then try to download it from Google Docs using this computer, it works perfectly, even though that exact same file cannot be downloaded directly from the link http://download-cf.jetbrains.com/webide/PhpStorm-8.0.1.exe .