Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I would like to make an image look flattened on the screen as if it was 'scanned' rather than being shown at an angle.

Angle of picture taken is something similar to this :

Without manually adjusting the perspective of the photo, is there a faster way to do so in Photoshop CS6 ?

share|improve this question
up vote 1 down vote accepted

There is a way, however you will lose a lot of quality on your image. In earlier versions of PS this was done by the crop tool, but now there a new 'perspective crop' (c) tool.

  1. Open your image
  2. Choose perspective crop tool (c, second alternative)
  3. Select an are of the image (likely to be most of the image), check 'Show grid', it helps
  4. Tug at the corners of the cropping square and make sure to fit the selection to your perspective
  5. Hit enter and the image is cropped to your new perspective

Here's a more graphical explanation:

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .