I am living in UK and I want to access some contents (mostly streamings) of websites that are only accesible from Spain.
I've first tried with some free IP hiding software, but the bandwidth they allow is very limited, so they're not useful. I think the proper way is to use a VPN but networking is not my forte...
In UK, I have a good broadband connection with dynamic IP address, and in Spain, in my family house, I have also a good broadband connection and some computers that may or may not be connected. This IP address is also dynamic.
So, my question is: what would be the best approach in a situation like this? Obviously I'd prefer a free solution, but I'm willing to pay if it's not too much...
What I'm doing now is:
- First I have to tell my family when I need to access restricted content.
- I use TeamViewer to access my family's computer and find the current IP.
- Using their computer, I create a VPN using Windows 7 (like this).
- Then I connect my computer in UK to that VPN.
The problem is that I have to repeat steps 1, 2 & 4 every time I want to watch something. Furthermore, with this approach:
- I need a computer switched on in Spain.
- Their broadband speed is affected.
Note: I'm new here from Stack Overflow. I know this question doesn't fit in SO, but I'm not sure whether it fits here... if it doesn't, please excuse me.