I’ve have been having power problems with a new computer that I recently put together. The system included:
- Thermaltake Level 10 GTS case
- Asus Sabertooth Z77 motherboard
- Asus Geforce GTX 660ti video card
- 32GB Corsair Vengence XMP memory
- Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme cpu cooler
- Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
- Western Digital Velocitor 1TB HD
- LG Blu-Ray Optical Drive
- Seasonic X-Series (SS-650KM3) PSU
When I first started the system up it began a cycle of repeatedly shutting down and starting up. The timing of this shutdown/startup sequence was around 7 or 8 seconds per cycle. I cannot get the system to power up long enough to get to get past POST to the boot screens.
I stripped the computer down to just the motherboard, CPU and Seasonic power supply. I disconnected/removed the XMP memory, CPU Cooler, SSD, HD, LG Blu-Ray, and ASUS video card; and tried to power up again and the system still cycles on and off. I then received replacements for both the motherboard and CPU, reinstalled then and am still experiencing the same problem.