OK, one of my users has a very perplexing issue. When you middle click on any link, in any website, or if a website tries to open a new window (that opens in a new tab) the user is presented with a blank tab. IE10 will not load any page in that tab, unless you type the URL manually, then suddenly it's fine.
Win 7 SP1 x64 with all patches Brand new computer
- It's not an addon - running without addons does not improve the saturation
- It's not a corruption with the user profile, it happens with the other profiles on that PC
- It's not a setting in IE10 that gets reset with "Reset all IE10 settings"
- It's not a corrupt file that gets checked with SFC or when I remove and then re-install IE10 from Add Remove Programs (Windows components)
- It's not the pop-up blocker
- It's not SmartScreen
- It's not Flash or Java
- I very very much doubt it's the A/V - there's no IE plugin and there are dozens of clients running the same A/V
- It's not compatibility mode (happens with or without it)
- It's not an individual site, it can be reproduced on every site.
- It isn't improved when I change that registry key that defines if a Tab opens as a Thread or a Process
Has anyone got any ideas of what it is??