Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I do not use my right Alt, and I would like to have a Underline key on that place.

Is there a way to configure my right Alt to be an underline character key?

update: using Windows 7

share|improve this question
By "underline key" you mean something like Ctrl+U in Word, or did you mean the underscore key? If the former, there's no generic key for that and different apps may use different shortcuts, so this will probably require a fairly complex AutoHotkey script that will do per-app key remapping. – Karan Jun 7 '13 at 1:57

You should look into AutoHotkey. You can use that program to assign different functions to your keys or you can create your own keyboard shortcuts.

share|improve this answer

Check out Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator. With that you can create you own keyboard layout and install it on you computer in control panel -> keyboard. You should be able to map Alt to what ever you want.

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .