I have an Asus K70AB which has had an issue for a while. When it boots, there's a chance it'll freeze for an indefinite time before it seems to start doing anything. What it will do is:
- The lights turn on, the fans start rotating and the CD drive makes a ticking sound for a second
- It'll have a black screen for an indefinite time. This may not happen at all, or may take even up to 15 minutes or so
- The POST screen comes up and everything seems to work normally, after which it'll continue to boot into Windows
This all leads me to think that there's a hardware related issue. I have tried to do the following things; all without any results, in the following order:
- I have taken out the HDD
- I have reset the BIOS to its factory settings
- I have flashed the BIOS to its newest version
- I have replaced the CMOS battery
- I have taken out the CD drive
- I have taken out both RAM sticks (one at a time)
At this point, I'm clueless as to what could be causing my issues. I was hoping someone here might have a suggestion which I forgot about.
Thank you in advance!