A friend of mine wants to move from Yahoo to GMail. I've had a search on the web, and most of the articles seem from some time ago and/or might not work. I wonder if anyone could comment on whether the following would work?
- Install Thunderbird (or other client) on PC.
- Configure Yahoo to use IMAP, and set up Thunderbird to access Yahoo IMAP
- Download all yahoo mail to PC via imap
- Configure GMail to use IMAP, and set up thunderbird to access GMail IMAP
- Drag and drop folders on Thunderbird from GMail to Yahoo, to copy the mail
- Thunderbird will automatically upload the mails to GMail
Steps 4 to 6 are how I copied all my mail from my ISP-provided-email to my GMail account, so I know that this can work. I'm wondering more about steps 1 to 3, and whether there is a gotcha here that I don't know about, especially as I've never used Yahoo.
Or is there a better way?