Yesterday, my old Microsoft IntelliMouse died. I bought a new Logitech USB mouse with a cable (no wireless) and connected it to my PC. Unfortunately, Windows 7 does not detect it.
- I have tried to connect an external hard drive to the same port and could access it, so I do not believe the usb port is the issue.
- The laser (i.e. red light) under the mouse is on.
- The new mouse did not come with drivers to install, manual says to plug it in while the computer is on, it will detect it.
- I googled this issue and found out I had to remove the IntelliMouse driver, which I did and rebooted my PC.
- More Googling suggested to launch the 'add a device' feature, which I did, but the screen is stalling:
How can I solve this issue? What can I try?