I've got Charles set up to map local two specific resources on a different server DNS name than the primary page. Those load fine.
However, other urls from that same server are very often very slow. Specifically, it behaves as if the number of concurrent requests was limited to about 2. In Firebug's Net tab you can see all the requests being made and most with the little loading spinner for a few minutes. Slowly one by one they get loaded.
- sadly there about 25 different resources (images, js, css) from this server
- the mapped URLs are SSL
- the files mapped to are local
- the mapped URLs are specified exactly (no asterisk)
- browser is Firefox ESR 17
- Charles is 3.7
- OS is RHEL 5.4
- Charles throttling is not enabled -- definitely not, I am 1000% certain.