My system freezes regularly, more than once a day, sometimes right after the start of X. I have not been able to reproduce the error deterministicly.
After rebooting, where do I find the old files? Which are most likely to be relevant?
- My system is a desktop computer.
- According to temperature measurement, there is no overheating.
- I currently use a 32-bit OS. Recycled the drive of my old computer.
- Linux 3.2.0-23 generic (i868)
- Intel Core i3-3225
- 8 GB RAM - no errors according to ram test on first 4 gb.
- Gigabyte h77-d3h mainboard (ivy brigde)
- No graphic card installed
- 350 W power device.
- I use an old dvd-drive together with an whatever2sata-converter.
- The LAN box of my machine does not react, so I suppose the mainboard is defunct, but I want to be sure.
Thanks for reading.