I mounted Bitlocker encrypted 4GB FAT32 flash drive (full drive encrypted under Windows 7) under Windows XP where Windows Explorer was configured to display all the files, including hidden and system.
I found some files which purpose I am fairly positive about:
1) BitlockerToGo.exe and matching language files - portable Bitlocker reader application
2) ReadMe shortcut, autorun.inf - self-explanatory
3) "COV 0000.ER", size 3.9 GB - most likely an encrypted container
4) "COV 0000.BL", 32 KB - probably somehow related to .ER file from above
The rest are what my question is about:
5) "PAD 0000.PD" - 4,096 KB, nothing but zeroes inside
6) 874 files called "PAD 0000.NG" .. "PAD 0873.NG", all 0 bytes in size
What are these PAD*.NG files for?