Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I opened a keyboard to repair it as it was not working but after opening it, I am unable to fix it back. The plastic keys have come out of their original place and I have no idea how to fix them

share|improve this question

closed as not a real question by Journeyman Geek,, Xavierjazz, Breakthrough, gronostaj Jun 25 '13 at 16:22

It's difficult to tell what is being asked here. This question is ambiguous, vague, incomplete, overly broad, or rhetorical and cannot be reasonably answered in its current form. For help clarifying this question so that it can be reopened, visit the help center.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Different sorts of keyboards have different methods of affixing keys - your question simply dosen't have enough information for us to help you. I strongly suggest swallowing your pride, and taking a picture of your keyboard and the keys that are giving you issues. – Journeyman Geek Jun 25 '13 at 10:45
I've done this a few times -- it's purely a matter of luck and cleverness, combined with the way the KB is put together. – Daniel R Hicks Jun 25 '13 at 11:33

The plastic keys have come out of their original place and I have no idea how to fix them

Use Google Image search to see where the keys are meant to go (for example, look at the placement of the R, E, G, R, E, T keys and so on).

You could probably Google for your exact keyboard model and get a picture. For me, that would be the Das Keyboard.


Although my keyboard might not be the best one to look at for key placement...

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .