Let's say I did these things:
- I plugged an external hard drive to a laptop
- With it plugged, I open and work on documents stored in the external hard drive
- Then I hibernate the laptop with the external hard drive still intact/still plugged into the laptop
- Hence (I presume) the hiberfil.sys records the documents that is still being opened
Then what if I unplug the external hard drive, plug it into another laptop, what will happen to both the hard drive and the documents that was being opened if I do the following actions from the another laptop?
- Open the said documents and make changes to it
- Create new documents in the external hard drive
- Delete some documents in the external hard drive
Will it damage the hard drive or the documents in any way?
I hope my English is understandable. Thank you for the answers. :)