With TrueCrypt I can create an entire volume and put files into there. However with regards to syncing on other devices or the cloud, this become problematic because if one file changes bam, everything has to be uploaded. Also many services do not handle gigabyte sized files at well, or at all. Is there a software that can
- Encrypts my files individually, not volumes.
- Allows me to access these files un-hindered on my device, once I have unlocked the device with a key or passcode. For example with truecrypt, once it is mounted I have complete/direct access to my files
- Allows me to access the files just as un-hindered on other devices the same one (it isn't baked into the OS or anything only).
- Similar to number 1., the files are actually encrypted wherever they are stored, be it on a device or in the cloud.
- The private keys which are generated are mine, they are not generated by an application which could potentially connect to the internet and "leak" them. I think there are some dropbox-esq applications out there for encryption but I do not feel secure with their guarantees.