Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I would like to set up a button or the combination of button to undo recently closed tab in Google Chrome.

I know on OSX you can do this, but I want it on PC.

Is there any way to make this option on PC in Google Chrome?

share|improve this question
up vote 10 down vote accepted

I am not sure exactly what you want but the key combination in Chrome to undo recently closed tab is:


If you right-click on the tab bar's background, you will see a context menu that gives this key combination as a hint:

Context Menu from Chrome

share|improve this answer
This not only works in Chrome, but also Firefox, Opera (pre-Webkit, too) and IE (8+). In reality, it is a de facto "standard" key combination on the PC. – mawcsco Jul 3 '13 at 20:54
That just opens a new tab, the poster wants to then select the latest 'recently closed' tab – Ian McClellan Jul 3 '13 at 21:10
Control+shift+tab opens the previously closed tab on my chrome browser. Control+tab opens a new tab. – Xavierjazz Jul 3 '13 at 21:17

You could do this with a keyboard macro and then find a way to bind it to a button:

Tab six times
Down arrow

At least, that works on my screen, maybe if you have different options on it will take more or less tabs...not very elegant.

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .