Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

How can i connect with my Desktop PC that connected to a Wi-Fi Router, to another wireless AP (Access Point) like a Shared Wireless Network that shared from a Laptop ? (My Router Model: TP-Link TD-W8961ND)

share|improve this question
  • MyPublicWiFi : Turn your computer into a WiFi Access Point with Firewall and URL Tracking enter image description here
share|improve this answer
I don't want to be a AP ! I Just want to connect them :) – Amirreza Nasiri Jul 6 '13 at 1:20
Do you mean that you wish your router connecting to AP – Homer Simpsons Jul 6 '13 at 1:24
Yep ! I Want to connect my router to another AccessPoint – Amirreza Nasiri Jul 6 '13 at 1:39
Try with bridge – Homer Simpsons Jul 6 '13 at 1:51
They cant do anything really only kick your router out you could try to spoof a mac address but its to advanced and i dont think your router supports it. I would recommend to buy a wireless repeater. example =>… – Homer Simpsons Jul 6 '13 at 2:26

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.