let me say the story before asking question:
- My computer got hibernated
- I powered it on to unhibernate
- It hunged up in the process
- I powered off computer to exit hung state
- Windows didn't want to unhibernate anymore and started from scratch
- I want to recover unsaved notepad so I turned off Windows and in using Linux copied hiberfile.sys to another partition
Tell me please, is it possible to cheat on Windows to make it unhibernate from these copied hiberfile.sys?
I tried to hibernate again, then replacing new hiberfile.sys with copied one but Windows haven't seen that as true hibernation and started from scratch so I guess it check for some signatures in hiberfile. Maybe it is possible to do something about that?
Thanks in advance