My friend bought a Gigabyte motherboard for use in a hackintosh and for some reason it does not detect the keyboard. The keyboard lights up but no input is detected. He can not access the BIOS and has tried many things such as:
- Clearing the CMOS
- Removing all unnecessary components
- Using a different keyboard
- Using a USB to PS/2 adapter
- Using different USB ports
Right now I do not have the exact model but I know that it is a Socket 2011. I will find out the model and update my post.
Ok i'm going to clear up some things
THERE IS NO OS INSTALLED ON THE PC!
When it boots this happens:
- POWER BUTTON PRESSED
- SYSTEM BEEPS ONCE
- BIOS SPLASH SCREEN SHOWS
- CANNOT ACCESS BIOS AS KEYBOARD DOESN'T WORK