Is there any way, ie. through group policy / script / registry edit, to force the Windows 7 default input language to match the active keyboard layout?
- A software with an international user base uses automatic, programmatic keyboard strokes input. This input method is a design constraint.
- Users are sometimes using a Windows 7 keyboard layout that doesn't match the system default input language (see example below).
- This causes the software to input characters from the active keyboard layout used and not the default input language. This behaviour is only happening when the default input doesn't match the keyboard layout.
• Default input language: "English (United States) - US"
• Active keyboard layout: "Russian (Russia) - Russian"
• Actual programmatic keyboard stroke: 046А0АФ2402И84
• Desired programmatic keyboard stroke: 046F0FA2402B84 . This is achievable if the default input language is set to "Russian (Russia) - Russia".
Any help is much appreciated.