I have a Gateway MP8708. These are the following symptoms:
- able to boot to and enter BIOS
- can change BIOS settings and remembers them
- does not show any problems during BIOS boot
- can push F10 to enter 'BoOt from...' menu.
- lists items and detects: DVD Drive, USB Drive (if I connect it to USB), HD
It attempted to boot the OS, but I just get a blank screen.
I took the HD out and connected it to my PC. It worked well. I erased the drive.
Anyone have any ideas on what else I can do to see what is broken? I took the entire laptop apart and didn't see anything too obvious.
I should have added, I inserted a CD drive to install a new OS. but it will not read it. nor will it read a usb drive, so i cannot re-install the os.