Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I was trying to recover my pendrive as it was showing 0 bytes allocated space, and I came across some information about using the diskpart command to format it.

For the worse I selected a wrong volume and started the process; I selected my hard drive and typed in 'create partition primary'. Now I cannot see my drives except for the local disk: C, in which my OS is installed. :( Please help me; I have no prior knowledge about this, yet I've toiled my hands and now I am stuck ... the data is very important ...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Email removed

share|improve this question
It might help if you told us a little bit more about your system; e.g., what OS are you running. Also, see Recover files from deleted partition. – Scott Jul 13 '13 at 20:00
@Scott: Seems to be windows, going by the command name, drive letter and so on. – Karan Jul 14 '13 at 2:53
Possible duplicate of Help in recovering partition and many more. – Karan Jul 14 '13 at 2:57
possible duplicate of Recover files after unsuccessful partitioning – Scott Jul 15 '13 at 18:09

Do you have an external hdd or something to copy your data to?

PhotoRec will scan and recover files however it may or may not be able to recover the file names.

Many other utilities exist. RStudio Recuva and dozens more.

share|improve this answer

Use the tool EaseUs partition recovery(free), for recover the partition.

EaseUs Partition Recovery is a free tool that can recover and restore lost or damaged partitions in many cases. It can recover partitions on most hard disks, including IDE, ATA, SATA, and SCSI drives and FAT, NTFS, and EXT formats, for both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows.

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .