This may not be the correct forum but I hope somebody may be able to help me troubleshoot an issue I,ve had for the past 2 weeks. I'm running an Windows XP SP3 machine and at least once a day, my browser stops working. It will slowly load but does not show an error or the page itself. This is the same across I.E, Chrome and Firefox.
However If I ping a site say "www.google.com", I get a response from the server. The issue is resolved after I restart my desktop. I've had no issue on my other devices but that said I use my xp machine the most.
I've tried the following:
- swapping out the Ethernet cable in case it is faulty but still no change.
- netstat command but dont see any out of the ordinary programs running
- netsh winsock reset command but no change
- Virus scan but no threats found.
I am at a complete loss so any suggestions would be much appreciated.
*Additional Information that may or may not be relevant;
- I noticed that spotify works normally however dropbox does not.
- I notice the broswer failure almost always occurs when watching youtube. Ive been watching a lot lately as I have been following tutorials.