Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm looking for a HomePlug (or other powerline network) device that is as flush with the wall as possible, as it will be placed behind a wall mounted television.

I haven't had any luck trying to find HomePlug (or other powerline network) products that are thin enough to be suitable - do such products exist on the market, or are there any other ways this could be achieved?

** Edit **

I should probably mention that I'm in the UK

share|improve this question

closed as off-topic by Shekhar, Canadian Luke, random Jul 16 '13 at 20:30

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "Questions seeking product, service, or learning material recommendations are off-topic because they tend to become obsolete quickly. Instead, describe your situation and the specific problem you're trying to solve. Here are a few suggestions on how to properly ask this type of question." – Shekhar, Canadian Luke, random
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Not entirely sure why this is on hold; I described the situation and the problem I'm trying to solve - how to get HomePlug ethernet behind a wall-mounted TV...there is already one answer which answers in a non-product specific way... nevertheless, I've made a small edit to make the question a bit more open and less product orientated. – Cocowalla Jul 16 '13 at 20:32
Your question might be better if you remove "HomePlug" and use a more generic term. Failing that...maybe ? – A.M. Jul 16 '13 at 21:49
@Cocowalla the reason presented in the "put on hold" box under your question fully describes why it's closed. – gronostaj Jul 16 '13 at 22:03
@A.M. I'm pretty sure Superuser is (meant to be) the place for home networking questions – Cocowalla Jul 16 '13 at 22:04
@gronostaj "Instead, describe your situation and the specific problem you're trying to solve"... yep, did that... – Cocowalla Jul 16 '13 at 22:04

There are power outlets that recess into the wall that would allow for a homeplug device to be connected and yet be flush.

This is a rather large one, but I am sure there are single wide's out there. socket

Then plug in your gear, then hang the TV in front of it. plug

share|improve this answer
Sorry, I should have mentioned I'm in the UK. I'm not sure if recessed power outlets are available here (possibly due regulations, or maybe just because of our plug design, where the pins are at 90 degrees to the socket) - some quick Googling didn't turn up anything – Cocowalla Jul 16 '13 at 20:22
I am sure there is a UK version. Basically this is a deep outlet gang box and you put in whatever socket. They should be available online to you. – Carl B Jul 16 '13 at 22:01

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .