Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

On Windows 7, you can use the "Windows" key in combination with the arrow keys to move windows around on the screen. I'd like to change this behavior (or expand it) so that I can use the "Windows" key in combination with hjkl to achieve the exact same behavior as the arrow keys (but with easier vim-like access).

Has anyone had any success doing something like this?

share|improve this question
Have you tried AutoHotKey? – Darth Android Jul 18 '13 at 15:59
I haven't. Thanks Darth. – Billy Jul 18 '13 at 16:58
up vote 1 down vote accepted

You can follow the tip from @Darth Android or use a program that does this, for example the tool KeyTweak that remap, enable/disable keys.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.