Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

My laptop LCD is damaged from one corner so want to reduce the size of screen about 1 inch from left but want to keep the highest available resolution which is 13xx x something. I know this is possible but I don't know how - how can I do this?

share|improve this question

xrandr is probably going to be your best bet.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.