Hi all I am doing some website development in PHP and I recently moved to a rural area and have hughes net satellite internet. I am using wamp server with apache 2.4.2 to develop locally however I need to get my server online so that I can work with the google API.
I have followed these steps to try to put my wamp server online however it is still inaccessible externally, I get a 504 error connection took to long to respond.
- Went to the wamp server tray icon and 'Put Online' and the icon turns green.
- Confirmed it is listening on port 80.
- Went into my router and forwarded port 80 to my internal IP address.
- Disabled the firewall and filtering features inside the router.
- Tried to access my server with it's external ip address as obtained from a quick google search, and confirmed inside the modem's configuration page (used my phones cellular connection to try this).