Take the 2-minute tour ×
Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Windows 7 comes with a per-application volume mixer which I don't like. What I need is a XP-style mixer, where I could control volume of inputs/outputs and mute them with one click, instead of controlling single apps' volume.

Is there a way to replace Windows 7 mixer with the old one from Windows XP?

share|improve this question
all I can tell you is, old 3rd party volume mixers for XP would do only that for win7. some of them now updated to work with the per-app. soundcontrol was one. –  Psycogeek Jul 26 '13 at 19:48

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.