I am trying to fix a laptop, which is running Windows 8 64-bit , keeps restarting at random intervals, some less than 5 minutes, some longer than 30 minutes unless in Safe mode. My first though was since it runs perfectly in Safe mode logic says that probably there is no hardware issue. But to confirm that I tried running a Live CD of Ubuntu. The pc restarted. How will I find the true error and what suggestions do you have about what that error might be?
Things I have tried so far
- I used a poly-meter (hope I am saying it correctly) and counted the voltage output of my power supply and it 19V. (my laptop says on the back that it requires 19V to work so I guess that's ok).
- Reset Bios to defaults. Nothing Changed.
- I tried plugging in a power supply of a friend and still it kept restarting.
- I have 4GBs of RAM. I let Memtest86+ run for a few hours. It performed 5 passes and found no errors
- I let Prime95 run for a few hours. It run in Safe Mode where no restarts occur. It found no errors
- I tried running furmark (for GPU Testing). It run perfectly but cannot run it in Safe Mode. So basically when a restart occurs don't know if it's GPU's fault (furmarks fault) or just because my laptop restarts at random intervals
- I tried unplugging one of my two RAM modules and tried running with only one. I put each RAM on both slots and let it run alone with only 2 GBs of RAM. Still got a restart. So Either both slots are faulty, or both modules are faulty, or all four......
- I tried performing a format Since I kind of eliminated all hardware issues that I can think of. Still rebooted during the format.
- I checked the temperature with two apps (each running on it's own so no conflicts might occur) HWMonitor and coretemp. Temp does not go over 60 degrees Celsius
- Took out the HDD, put it in an enclosure and tested it on other laptops. Even sat down and saw a movie from it. I guess that's OK. But just to be sure. I ran HD Tune to find any errors on the HDD. It found nothing
Is there anyone out there that knows what the issue might be?