I have a Windows 7 laptop which does not show 5 GHz wireless lans in the wireless network settings.
How can I find out if the 5 GHz range is just not configured (i.e. Switched on) or if this is not supported by the hardware?
Laptop is asus. 4 months old. Windows 7 Premium N55SL series
The laptop has a centrino wireless n 1030 and when i look in its properties, advanced tab i see:
- 802.11n channel width for band 2.4 and value is 20 Mhz only (other option there is auto)
- 802.11n mode (opt. there are enabled or disabled) and its enabled
- ad hoc channel 802.11b/g value here is 11 (you can add or subtract numbers)
- ad hoc QoS mode here value is WMM disabled
other blahblah values and later i see
- wireless mode and value is 3.802.11b/g (other opt. are /b or /g)
Driver is 22.214.171.124
I have a new fiber router that can broadcast on both frequencies so I would like to use them both (router is ok. My phone sees both the wifi networks)