I am attempting to setup two wireless access points (APs) with the following characteristics:
- all of my devices will connect to the first AP
- guests will connect their devices to the second AP
- both APs will provide Internet access
- devices connected to the second AP should not be able to see or connect to devices on the first AP
I've managed to configure two APs in DD-WRT and I can connect to both without problems. Unfortunately, the second access point doesn't seem to provide Internet access. Any attempts to connect to external (WAN) IP addresses fail.
Here is what the routing table looks like:
A couple of important points here:
- the first AP is associated with interface
ath0and the second with
- the second AP is connected to a bridge
Since I am not really an expert at networking, I will simply include a screenshot of the "network settings" page and the current values for various configuration settings:
Basically my question is:
How come devices on the second AP don't have Internet access?