Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Scenario: I hit CTRL+T to open a new tab, but I don't want it as the right-most tab, I want to slide it a few to the left.

Can I do this using just the keyboard or do I have to use the mouse?

I can't see a shortcut here: Windows keyboard shortcuts - Chrome Help

Something like CTRL+SHIFT+LEFT would work nicely.

share|improve this question
Ctrl+Shift+PageUp/PageDown ? Works on Linux. – ahilsend Aug 8 '13 at 10:54
Unfortunately not :( Damn I miss Linux – slugmandrew Aug 8 '13 at 10:57
@ahilsend, Weird, why would it work on Linux if it doesn't work on Windows? – Pacerier Jun 9 '15 at 8:28
up vote 1 down vote accepted

After a while I got an answer to this. Essentially there aren't any built-in, but there is an extension that provides this functionality.

You need to reload all tabs after installing it or it won't work.

Happy days :)

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.