Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Scenario: I hit CTRL+T to open a new tab, but I don't want it as the right-most tab, I want to slide it a few to the left.

Can I do this using just the keyboard or do I have to use the mouse?

I can't see a shortcut here: Windows keyboard shortcuts - Chrome Help

Something like CTRL+SHIFT+LEFT would work nicely.

share|improve this question
Ctrl+Shift+PageUp/PageDown ? Works on Linux. – ahilsend Aug 8 '13 at 10:54
Unfortunately not :( Damn I miss Linux – slugmandrew Aug 8 '13 at 10:57
@ahilsend, Weird, why would it work on Linux if it doesn't work on Windows? – Pacerier Jun 9 '15 at 8:28
up vote 1 down vote accepted

After a while I got an answer to this. Essentially there aren't any built-in, but there is an extension that provides this functionality.

You need to reload all tabs after installing it or it won't work.

Happy days :)

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .