I am trying to install Debian on a server I own. The hard drives were completely wiped before I got it, my progress so far has been:
1) Turned it on and plugged in monitor/ keyboard
2) Memory tests were run, got a checksum error, was asked to use default configuration which I did
3) Inserted Debian DVD 1, .iso downloaded from here http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/7.1.0/amd64/iso-dvd/
4) Went into BIOS and put boot from DVD at top and restart
5) Can see DVD drive reading but then it stops, I then see waiting for 3ware to initialise and a new screen then loads with NVidia boot agent. This then gets stuch on a loop saying
media test failure, test cable
Other points: After the 3ware message I can briefly see the CPU says it has a weak battery and the system time is incorrect. It seems the motherboard battery is low, I'm not sure if this is affecting the booting.
My guess is the DVD is not being read correctly. Is there anything I have obviously done wrong?