I have contacted LG support (to which they have never responded). The device has worked very well for us in its default state.
I have a problem with an LG Network Access Storage device. I want to flash the device to the newest firmware options, so that I can install a new UI into it. These are all official.
I have taken many photos of the device and relevant screens of information.
I will go through each in order of the steps I take:
- The NAS has two drives/volumes attached without raid.
- The firmware is currently at its original from purchase state.
- I select the new firmware to install.
- Firmware selected and Upgrade clicked.
- The LG appears to begin flashing (one, two, three) as indicated by the LED screen.
- After some time, the LED screen reverts back to its original display message. It also dims.
- No matter the length of time I leave it, nothing else changes. I return to the web interface and the firmware has not changed.
Has anyone seen this problem before? Can anyone suggest a reason that it would not fully flash?