It certainly can be done with FireFox. Just did it myself.
- Open the page in FireFox
- Right-click on the blank spot
- Click on "View Page Info"
- A dialog opens, click on Media tab:
- There is a list of all the images.
- To save them simply select the first image in the list that is of interest. Then scroll the list down and Shift-Click on the last image of interest to select a whole bunch of links. Then click on Save as, and FireFox will do the rest.
2 possible sources of confusion:
- Not scrolling the list of media links and noticing that not all the items are displayed by default.
- Not scrolling the web page far enough down so that all desired images are loaded (because they are being loaded on demand).