A few months ago I installed an SSD and memory on my notebook. I also started using Windows 8 and started having many programs going into 'Not Responding' state for a while (sometimes up to a minute) then continue without a problem. At first I thought the problem was Windows 8 and installed the drivers manually. It didn't help.
I ignored it for a while, but then it became frustrating. Today I went back to Windows 7. As you can guess, the problem continues, and I have no idea what is causing it.
- I had installed all updates in both Windows versions.
- I replaced two 1GB chips with 2GB ones(same mhz)
- It's a Dell Inspiron 1520
Any idea why would it happen? How can I diagnose this problem?
- SSD is an Intel 330 Series 120 GB.
- I did not update SSD firmware.
- I have not disabled LPM (I am going to try it now).