I have an external USB hard drive (about two months now) to which I assigned drive letter
T:. However, each time I start up my PC, the drive is shown as local drive (
K:) and I'm missing my data. When I disconnect the USB and re-connect it, the drive is shown correctly again.
Can I fix this behavior?
- Hard drive: Toshiba STOR.E Canvio 3TB
- OS: Windows 7 x64
- I tried using different USB ports, all have same behavior.
- The drive has been formatted multiple times (file system NTFS).
- I checked the hard disk in the disk management tool of Windows (after re-connecting the USB) and that shows that the drive has one partition.
- I cannot check how the hard drive behaves with other PC's, because I don't have another PC with Windows 7 (only Windows 8).